Friday, November 21, 2008

Shopaholic or not?

I used to love shopping for clothes and accessories but for about 3 years now, I have been a poor student living on savings (no, no student loans) which means I have been living on US dollars in Sweden. You might have heard that the dollar has been at its almost all-time low ... and that translates to getting royally screwed (on my part). Now, when I’m almost done in school, the freakn’ dollar is getting stronger. So you might think, ok the bad luck is about to turn … but oh no. Instead the whole world is suffering from a recession and people are being laid off both left and right. However, it's mainly the blue-collar workers (not fair, I know) who are affected the most by this, so I might get by... mm, I hope! But having said that, companies may implement a no-hire freeze which would affect my ass too. Just my freakn luck!

Well, anyhow. Back to shopping… I mean, the shopping that has been non-existent for almost 3 years. I can’t wait to start working again so I can shop and begin to look like a “normal person” … I used to love fabulous brands like Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, you name it ..but I have sunk to my all time low. My question is though, will I truly enjoy shopping as much as I used to or have I become too old to truly care? Some of my friends think I might not care for the brands and the shopping as much anymore, while Mr. L is a firm believer that the shopping devil is still very much inside of me, and that he (the devil) has gone NO WHERE. He’s just waiting to be let out again… hahaha.. Well, its remained to be seen.

I did a little shopping today though, considering I felt I can barley go outside the house anymore without looking like a trashy I-don’t-know-what. I got a pair of pants at MQ and some tops at Gina Tricot. In an attempt to be a little hip I was gonna take pics of my new clothes and post it on my blog, but I was forced back to reality pretty fast. :) I was in the bedroom playing photographer when I heard Mr. L say: “what are you doing in there?"...He went on by saying: “please don’t tell me you are taking pics of your new clothes?”… I didn't want to answer, but after a few seconds I felt I had no other option but to whisper out a tiny "yes". Mr L. said: “how old are you? 4 going on 14?”… LOL… Well it woke me up and I knew too, I’m just too old for that stuff. I’m hoping though, once the mula/ chashola (call it whatever you want) is starting to role in again, I will return to shopping like a got damn maniac! :)

Ps. I will stick to taking pics of my sons instead… and speaking of...my young son wanted to help out while I was taking pics of the clothes, and this is what he looked like…

"Mommy, please let me help you... you seem to have so much fun. I know you can't say no to me when I look this cute". :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ja tror inte att du ha glömt bort hur man shoppar...=) Men jag har märk att ju äldre man blir desto mer "smarta" inköp gör man. Vet inte, men jag tänker jämt när jag håller i kläderna; behöver jag verkligen den här och hur mycket kommer jag att använda den. Hahaha,, ja sen får man spel och köper något man bara använder någon gång. Men försöker intala sig själv att det var ett jävla bra köp. =)

Kram på dig!

Anonymous said...

Halloj!
Jag vill se oufit-bilder! :) L är ju man, fattar ju inte sånt där, hehe. Och du, shopping blir man aldrig för gammal för! Kram!