Thursday, May 08, 2008

James = Fish

We have some wonderful weather and I am stuck inside working on the thesis. Oh well, what to do! I am not a sun worshiper anyways but most Swedes are. People all around the city have already put on their bikinis or shorts. I’m like: “yeah, yeah we got some heat but dude, it ain’t that warm outside. Put some clothes on before you catch a cold”.

Anyhow, I got to enjoy the nice weather this morning when James and I went for a nice long walk; we also squeezed in some training. I can already see improvements in him since our obedience class the other night which makes me very happy. The new tactic works.

Hopefully I’ll have time to do some tracking with him tonight. We missed last week’s tracking class since we were at the Dog Show, and so far (this week) I have not laid any tracks for him. I have to, I have to.

Last night we went to the lake again. This time James remembered how much fun it was to swim, so he swam the entire time almost. In the beginning it was nothing fish-like about him, but after a while his strokes became better and better. I’m tellin’ you – by the end of this summer this boy will be as smooth in the water as a fish. He’s not afraid at all; he literally throws himself in the lake, and while swimming he even sticks his head under the water. The question is – is he fearless or does he have a screw loose? Or maybe it’s a little bit of both. =)


No comments: