Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bored!

Yeah, I'm bored today. The weather sucks (rain, rain and more rain). I should take the opportunity to get some school work done 'cause the next week and a half will be miserable. I'm gonna be crazy busy with school stuff. :( But the problem is, I don't feel like it. All I ever do is study or train with James. Now, don't get me wrong. Training with James is great fun but it would be nice to do something else too.... Mmmm, what to do??!!!

Jay and I have practiced some stacking today. We have a show coming up next weekend. I'm really looking forward to that since he hasn't been shown since August when he brought home the C.A.C (CERT). I'm crossing my fingers he will do great this time too. Not necessarily another C.A.C but sure, that would be nice. :) The thing with dog shows though, is that you never know how it will end ... All judges are different, so it can end ANY which way. One must never assume anything. It's going to be a Finish judge at this dog show and what I've been told, a lot of Finish judges like the AmStaffs quite small which may not be great news for James. At the same time, this judge may not look for that... All we can do is cross our fingers (& toes) and wish for the best. :)

I have also practiced on trying to get Jay to understand that he can move his hind quarters (bakdel) separately. 'Cause trust me, he suck at that. That's obviously my fault for not having practiced that earlier, but some dogs just seem to get it on their own almost. However, Jay is not one of them. :) He knows "back up" and I'm trying to get him to learn to back around corners so he can learn to "control" his hind quarters better, that way. Well, well...we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Mirrekex said...

Hej tack så mycket för kommentaren hos mig. Kul att du stannade till och lockades av den brua gobiten i bland löven. Vi har ombytta roller. Jag är uppvuxen med rottisar :) Vi var dagmatte åt två stora tikar. Fina dina hundar är verkligen.. Hur gamal vart din labbe? var det en hona el hane? Ha det super så lovar jag att jag kikar in igen mvh Mirre