Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Training Day

Today, James has had to work for a living. hihihi... The day started with swimming for the pooches. However, on our way to the lake we stopped and laid 4 tracks (2 tracks for each dog) so the tracks could settle for awhile.

I’m sure everybody knows about Michael Phelps, the 23-year old American swimmer who beat the Olympic record by winning a total of 8 gold medals. I recently learned that he has the ADD-disorder, and I was like… Holy Moly, James has ADD too and he loves to swim. Too bad there are no Olympic Games for dogs though! hihihi

On our way back from the lake we stopped and did the tracks. James started and this was his first track in months. He lost the track a few times but got back on it pretty fast. After this it was Alih’s turn, and he was not on target either, which he usually is…He stopped a few times and sniffed around in smaller circles before hitting the track again.

The 2nd track for James went excellent though (I’m very happy!!) As always, Jay tracks very fast which usually makes him a bit careless, but this track was both fast and on target. My Cute Baby … yum! The 2nd track went better for Alih as well, but he was not as good as he normally is. Alih, compared to James, is slow but a very meticulous and thorough tracker. Oh well, next time he’ll do better.

Back at home the dogs were tired after all the swimming and tracking. In the afternoon Jay and I did some obedience inside as I was not in the mood to go outside (crappy weather). Took both dogs for a walk in the evening and when we came back, Jay and I went for a bicycle ride. This was the first time that I took him for a real ride… still not very far.. but far enough to have the boy work. I could tell he wanted to run fast as heck, like the mad boy he is, and I let him a couple of times. I think he liked it a lot… still, gotta take it easy until the hips and elbows are X-rayed. Now, I have 2 content dogs that are passed out with their tummies full of food. :)

Below: Jay is starting his track and on the 2nd pic he's coming back happy as can be with the sock in his mouth.


Below: Another pic of the baby rushing back to show his bro and Dad how good he was. And he is not ready to give me the sock just yet. :)


Below: Alih is beginning his track, and coming back with a sock in his mouth too. He cannot wait to tear it apart in order to get to the yummy hot dog that's hiding inside. :)



ps. You like my outfit? LOL. Some serious rain boots, man ... Mr L. was like - "you really fit in here in the country when you look like that". :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tja! Förstår att du kan knappt kan bärga dig tills du kommer hem! Hihi. Förresten, gummistövlar is the shit när man livar on the country! :) Är ju min favvoutstyrsel här på farmen... men så kallas jag bondmora också av övriga familjen ( läs H)! :)