Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Thursday

What have I done today? Well, the day started with James and I going for a nice, long walk. When we came home it was time for me to shower and go to my dad's job. I have been temporarily hired as a translator so I had to go pick up the work I am to translate. I will be able to work from home though, so that's great! After that I made a trip to the university (had to return a book) thereafter I met Ulrika at a coffee shop for some tea. And we got stuck there for quite some time, chatting our butts away... :)

Tonight, James and I had the obedience class to attend again. Jay is going through a rough phase (I believe I've mentioned that before too), he's getting older and has started to realize he's a man and that there are lots of girls/women to impress. :) However, he's very good around male dogs, so no dog aggression at all. He has concentration problems, but when breaking with tug-of-war between short training sessions he does focus, so his tug-of-war toy is an important tool for me. Now, the baby is tired and curled up on his bed. SOOO DAMN CUTE!!!! :)

In the class, we are currently working on hand signals (so they can sit and lay down by hand signals only), backing/reversing and a few other things... Obviously, we will keep practicing this during the week (on our own) until we meet next time. But we also have to teach our dogs a trick until next week (hmm, boring) and perform this trick in front of the class. I was like "shit, a trick".. and it can't be one of the regular/simple tricks. My imagination sucks, but I actually found a book in my bookshelf about dog tricks (don't ask me when I bought it) ...so I think I have decided on the trick I will attempt to teach James. I will teach him to LIMP. lol. Yup, you heard me right. The dog needs to learn to hold one leg up while walking, acting as if his leg is injured and that he's unable to put it down. This should be interesting.. we'll see if it works... updates to come. :)

No comments: