Friday, July 11, 2008

What to do without music?

I love going to musicals and concerts...some of my most fabulous nights have been spent at some concert or musical.

One fabulous moment was when Anna and I went to a Tina Turner concert in LA at the Greek Theatre. The year was 1997 :) It was so damn AWESOME!

And while I lived in London I stayed quite busy going to musicals and concerts – for instance I saw...

* The musical FAME with my friend Tasha... It was Superb!

* The musical DANCING IN THE STREETS with my good friend Gaby... AMAZING!

* I was so darn lucky I managed to win 2 tickets to the Live 8 concert in Hyde Park ..My cousin Karro was coming for a visit so she and I went. It was great! And the performance that probably excited and shocked me the most was Robbie Williams. I have never really been a big fan of him, but he was AWESOME live. He had such charisma... Karro and I were both totally sold!. Hihihi...

And, when in NYC I love going to Café Wha in the Village. Amazing singers and performers... I could sit there for hours listening to them.

What the heck would we do without music????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out Robbie at Live 8... Karro and I are in the audience somewhere mesmerized by him... LOL.



Below is a live performance at Cafe Wha by one of my favourite guys - Amadou. Give the clip a little time for him to get started. He has an amazing voice. Not sure what the guy who's filming is up to though... he's all over with the camera. :) The guy next to Amadou is another favorite... his name is Bryan. The last time I was at Cafe Wha I was dragged up by one of the band members.. and had to dance with him in front of all the freakn people at the club. That was not embarrassing at all... NOPE! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greek Theatre är defintivt ett minne för livet. Hade ju själv inte haft nåt emot att se Robbie live!! Vh Anna Panna