Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Plans?

Nope. None, really! We went on a “Mini Euro Trip” last summer (went to France, Belgium and Holland) and between June and December of last year I made 5 or 6 trips to LA. Yes, I’m serious! Do the math, it means I was in LA almost once a month. Crazy, crazy but I had important business to take care of. But from December of 07, I have not been outside the Swedish border. Yeah, a bit boring but I got really tired of all those long haul flights. It's actually nice not having to fly anywhere.

As for this summer, sure it would be nice going somewhere but with the dollar being so weak we are getting slammed. It means we have to stay put. Last summer I worked but not this year... I will be studying more than full-time the entire summer. Online classes though, so we will be spending a lot of time in the country, at my parents house. If I study this summer I will have my International Master’s Degree (MBA) by the end of the year instead of having to study until next summer. It’s a price worth paying.

And believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to not taking off anywhere. In case anyone has missed, we have a young boy by the name of James. =) He’s not even a year old yet and so much happens in his life that I don’t want to be away from him. =) He’s my baby... and I am looking forward to hanging out with him and Alih, spending the days at the beach, watching them swim and enjoy themselves. Not to mention, it has been a very busy semester, being a full-time student here in Ö. and studying part-time in Karlstad too. I have also been very busy with Jay, I have taken a total of 3 classes with him since the beginning of the year, and it takes time keeping up with all the training.... Oh, and let’s not forget, Ulrika (my study & gym partner) and I have been very devoted to the gym. I wish I could say it’s been a nice semester but to be honest, I have mostly felt stressed so I cannot wait for it to be over!!!!

What we have discussed doing this summer is going for a long hike, maybe further up north, with our good friends A & H and their Rottie Gonzo. I’d also like it if we could make a trip to the South of Sweden. Other than that, no plans..... Ahhhhhhhhhh, sounds amazing - cannot wait!

No comments: