Friday, April 25, 2008

Newbie!

Well, well, well...
It was just a matter of time until I would fall for it too. Getting a blog I mean. And here I am.

I thought I write about my days, just the way they are, interesting or not. My dogs take up a lot of my time; training with James or just going for walks with the pooches, or meeting up with other dog people etc. Being that Jay is only 8 months old and having just embarked on what we hope will be a long life journey, I will be writing about him a lot. But of course I will write about my old man Alih too. Anyhow, James and I are currently taking an obedience class (held once a week) and a tracking class (also held once a week), so we are in a phase where there are lots of activities and training going on. And my baby is soooo good! We keep getting compliments from our instructor. Hihi.. By the way, if you live in Sweden I can highly recommend Hundstyrkan. It is with them that we take our classes. Check out their website: http://www.hundstyrkan.se/

This morning started with Jay and I meeting up with some friends of ours. Miss F and her dog Beenie. Beenie is a 4-year old amstaff lady. James has played with her since he was a tiny little puppy but now-a-days he is actually bigger than Beenie, and he uses it to his advantage being the wild man that he is. He was bouncing on and off poor Beenie, and she was getting really annoyed. He is going through puberty so he is testing his limits with other dogs all the time. He is not aggressive in any way, just pushing it with his rough playing. He has mostly been around Rottweilers and with them he can play rough... ‘cause they have the size to stand up to him. And when he gets too annoying, they let him know. Just this last weekend we went hiking with some friends of ours. They have a 7-year old male Rottie who finally had it with James. He got pissed and took James down hard (only with his paws though). James got scared, well mostly shocked I’d say because he really does not understand how annoying he is. He thinks they are having a blast just like him. Well, that “take down” was exactly what he needed as it calmed him down (for a while at least). Hihi..He’s a freak boy, I tell you! He is just too tough with these big and older dogs. He needs to learn how to show some respect.

Anyhow, it’s time for me to focus on some school work. I am so darn tired of writing on the theses, but we are getting closer and closer to the end. MY GOD will I jump high when this is over! I will attach some pics of James and his lady friend Beenie from this morning.

Have a fabulous day to all of you out there!
Ciao!



Beenie & James (a.k.a. Freak Boy!)


Having fun together! Who's the strongest... ?

1 comment:

Qaroline said...

Gud vad kul att ramla in här och kunna läsa lite om din vardag. Måste dessutom säga att dina hundar är ena riktiga snyggingar (som jag fortfarande inte träffat). Vem vet, kanske blir det premiär möte i sommar? Varma kramar